Preparing for a trip to Baja? Be sure to grab these as you head out on your Baja adventure.
- Sunscreen: It’s hot out there! Be sure to pack a high SPF (at least 30+). During my trip to beautiful Baja, I chose an SPF that also included a little extra tint and shine. Don't let something as silly as a sunburn ruin your vacation!
- Biodegradable Soap: We bathe at high tide & it’s incredibly refreshing. Biodegradable soap will have you feeling clean & won’t harm the beautiful waters in which you’ll be snorkeling. I chose Garnier Fructis' Pure Clean and was shocked to find my sensitive skin not bothered by the salt in the water.
- Croakies & Sun Glasses: I packed my sunglasses, but lost them because I didn’t have a croaky! Be sure to bring one if you're able, you'll be incredibly happy that you have it during stops in the kayak for water and snacks. That croaky is just the addition that will allow you to safely remove your sunglasses and take some beautiful turquoise water photos.
- A Positive Attitude: You're on vacation; an adventure vacation at that! Keep an open mind and soak in as much sun... and local culture as you possibly can! Relax, paddle, laugh and have fun!
- Camera Extras: We do have a solar charger at certain locations, but there is usually a line and a solar charger does not fully charge most items. Save some time by bringing an camera extra battery, as well as potentially an extra memory card. There is so much to see on this adventure vacation.
- Your Waterproof Camera: Have a waterproof camera lying around? Thinking of purchasing one? This is a must-have for my adventure vacations. After having lost my camera following it's dip in the Pacific Ocean, the Olympus Tough Camera is the only one I'll use. Great photo quality, panorama and snorkeling photos have me never wanting to go back!
- Hair Ties: Okay guys, many of you do not have to worry about this, but for those of us with long hair, it can be nice to pull it up once in a while. Don’t forget them!
- Your Hat: This is on our packing list, but it's incredibly important. Don't forget a hat and don't make the mistake of bringing a dark one, like I did, if you can help it. Keep things as cool as possible by not choosing any clothing that will soak up the Baja heat.
- Beverages: We provide them, but if you have something specific in mind, don’t hesitate to bring your very own. Remember, it's your vacation! Beverages that have you satisfied are the cherry on top of happy hour as you sit watching sunset on those white sandy beaches. And don't forget to stay hydrated with a lot of H2O! Which takes me to the next item on the list....
- Water bottle: We provide an incredibly large supply of filtered water! Take full advantage while on your trip to avoid dehydration and/or heat exhaustion, and just when you think you've had enough water, drink some more. A hydrated body is a happy one that will allow you to further enjoy this incredible trip. And while we of course have plenty of opportunities for you to stay hydrated, it's always nice to have a solid water bottle with you at all times. I suggest a metal bottle, as it most of them will keep your water cool for 24 hours.
Enjoy your adventure vacation and please do not hesitate to call with any and all questions!