Stretching to almost 35 meters in length, the Luciole is a spacious barge that cruises the enchanting Nivernais Canal. She has been meticulously designed for exploring the vineyard-swathed landscapes of Burgundy, with plenty of comfortable spaces for watching the world roll by. The Luciole is also equipped with bicycles and helmets for exploring the charming villages and towpaths along the route.
On the lower deck are eight ensuite cabins with porthole windows, which can be opened to allow the canal breezes in. Expansive picture windows are a feature of the spacious salon with its elegant seating areas and light-filled dining space. Morning coffees and late-afternoon sundowners are best enjoyed on the raised sundeck while soaking up the majestic scenery.
In addition to three double cabins, there are two with twin beds and another two that can accommodate single travelers. All come with openable porthole windows, individually controlled air conditioning, and plenty of storage space. The ensuite bathrooms are equipped with toilets, showers, hairdryers, and safes, as well as towels and toiletries from Molten Brown.
With its expansive windows, the salon is the social heart of the “Luciole” and includes a bright dining area and comfortable seating. Drinks are served from the well-stocked bar and there is a library with a diverse range of reading material. Wi-Fi is provided complimentarily onboard the vessel.
There’s no better place for morning coffees or evening sundowners than the raised sundeck, which offers elevated views of the rural properties and lock houses lining the canal. Bicycles and helmets are stored just below for those wanting to explore the towpaths on two wheels.
• Length 114 ft (34.7 meters), Beam 17 ft (5.18 meters)
• 220v electricity
• Air conditioning & heating
• Large picture windows, comfortable sofas, and chairs, dining area, Wi-Fi, open and well-stocked bar, library, sound system
• 3 doubles (or twins), 3 twins, 2 singles that all include: portholes/windows, USB charging points, ample storage, personal safes
• Showers, heated towel rails, Molton Brown toiletries, towels, hairdryers
• Large raised teak sundeck, table, and chairs, bicycles, and